Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oz



we're here. in Lanzarote. and i just finished the paperback i brought for the flight: The Wondrous Wizard of Oz. it's a penguin classic, and comes in green colour.

i read it somewhen before, but it felt like reading it anew. there are so many curious passages in it. and i didn't remember it: Kansas, the place Dorothy is coming from, is described as „grey“. while Oz is full of colours. there even is a huge field of flowers that is part of one of her adventurous, here:

„Aren't they beautiful?“ Dorothy asked.
„I suppose so,“ answered the scaregrow. „When I have brains, I shall probably like them better.“
„If only I had a heart I should love them,“ added the Tin Woodman.
„I always did like flowers,“ said the cowardly Lion. „They seem so helpless and frail. But there are non in the forest so bright as these.“


it's another curiousity, that i keep stumbling over all those passages that seem to relate to 2028 in other books.

No comments: